Inside Tap - Crossing - Change of Direction - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
A defender coming in from the side can be surprised by turning in the direction the defender is coming from. This Inside Tap is a highly effective move suitable for the age group U10-U11.
The change of direction of the ball is obtained by steering the it with a tap from the inside of the foot where the ankle turns from side to side.
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot.
- Keep an eye on the defender coming from the side (left).
- Position the right foot next to the ball just above the middle.
- Give the ball a tap from the inside of the forefoot by turning the ankle from right to left.
- Turn to the left.
- Take the ball and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Position the tip of the foot a bit downward when giving the ball a tap.
- The tap should be hard enough to change the direction of the ball.
- Practice the tap on itself at first without dribbling.