Inside Touch Turn - 1v1 Moves - Change of Direction - Quick Turns for U10-U11
Quick Turns are an excellent way to turn quickly towards the goal after receiving the ball while having a defender at your back.
This Quick Turn is build on or can be practised along with Inside Touch Turn (Wall Work Drills for U10-U11).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stay before the defender (defender in your back).
- Check your shoulder to be aware of the defender.
- Come into the ball.
- Turn 45° to the left.
- Deviate the ball 45° with the inside of the left foot.
- Turn further towards the ball and pass or accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Avoid to let the ball drop dead or to let it jump away with too much momentum.
- Get the ball in the right position for the next pass. Avoid to get the ball under the body. This will make the next pass impossible or at least very awkward and/or will hinder your acceleration.
- Turn swiftly on the support foot.