Drag Push - Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
Practise this 1v1 move along with this drill: Drag Push Stop (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills).
The Drag Push is a very effective move when done right. The feint factor is very important here and the entire body should be used to get the defender on the wrong foot.
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot towards the defender.
- Lean to the right.
- Drag the ball with the left foot.
- Hop on the right foot (support foot) to bring it beyond the ball while retracting the left foot.
- Push off on the support foot (right) while pushing the ball to the left (45° angle).
- Accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Timing is important and dependent on the speed of the attacker.
- Lean into the direction of the drag to let the defender believe the ball will be taken to the right.
- This move needs some acting to be effective. Use your entire body.