Drag Scissor - Feints and Fakes - 1v1 Moves for U10-U11
Practise this 1v1 move along with this drill: Drag Scissor Stop (Dynamic Ball Mastery Drills for U10-U11).
The Drag Scissor is a very effective move when done right with a higher success rate when the defender anticipates on a Drag Push. The feint factor is very important here and the entire body should be used to get the defender on the wrong foot.
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Dribble with the right foot towards the defender.
- Lean to the left.
- Drag the ball with the right foot.
- Hop on the left foot (support foot) to bring it beyond the ball while retracting the right foot.
- Perform a scissor with the right foot.
- Take the ball with the left foot and accelerate away from the defender.
Things to watch out for:
- Timing is important and dependent on the speed of the attacker.
- Lean into the direction of the drag to let the defender believe the ball will be taken to the left.
- This move needs some acting to be effective. Use your entire body.