Take Outside Cut - Cones Dribbling Drills for U8-U9
This drills builds on the Take Outside Cut (Static Ball Control Drill for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position on the left side of the first cone.
- Take the ball through the middle of the first cones with the right foot.
- Once through the cones, cut the ball with the outside of the right foot.
- Immediately after the cut bring the right foot beyond the ball in order to make room for the left foot.
- The right foot becomes the support foot.
- Take the ball with the left foot through the cones.
- Step 1-6 is the same for the left foot.
Things to watch out for:
- The take move through the cones is crucial. Guide the ball a bit, don't kick it.
- Keep the force and angle of the takes consistent.
- Try to aim for the middle between cones and keep a 45° angle. It is more of a zig-zag through the cones than going around the cones.