Fast Scissors - Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball.
- Perform a scissor-move around the ball with the right foot.
- Perform a scissor-move around the ball with the left foot.
- Continue steps 2-3.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid but flex the knees a bit.
- Keep the circles around the ball as small as possible to keep the speed up.
- Point the toes to the ground when going around the ball. This will help to avoid hitting the ball.
- Land on the toes or forefoot.