Take Outside Cut - Static Ball Control Drills for U8-U9
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take the ball sideways with the outside (of the laces) of the right foot.
- Step into the direction of the ball.
- Hook the left foot behind the ball to stop it.
- As soon as the left foot touches the ground, move the support foot (right foot) in order to make the turn.
- Turn the body in the other direction.
- Take the ball with the left foot.
- Repeat continuously from step 1-6.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Cut the ball so it stops immediately without rolling back to the other direction.
- Make sure there is plenty of room between the legs to take the ball.
- Don't move forward or backward while doing the drill. Try to stay on the same imaginary line.