Inside Chop Turn - Wall Work Drills for U10-U11
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball (ball in front of right foot).
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the right foot.
- At the same time:
- Put the left foot forward as to make enough space for the ball to pass behind.
- Touch the ball with the inside of the right foot to make it pass behind the support foot.
- Immediately after the right foot touches the ground, turn to the left.
- Continue steps 2-4.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Pass straight to the wall to receive the ball back at the correct angle.
- Avoid to let the ball drop dead or to let it jump away with too much momentum.
- Get the ball in the right position for the next pass. Avoid to get the ball under the body. This will make the next pass impossible or at least very awkward.