Reverse Cut Turn - Wall Work Drills for U12-U13
This drill builds on:
- Reverse Cut Turn (Static Ball Control Drills for U12-U13)
- Take Reverse Cut (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Take Reverse Cut Roll Over Inside Cut (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11)
- Reverse Roll Over (Static Ball Control Drills for U10-U11
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Stand behind the ball.
- Pass the ball to the wall with the inside of the right foot.
- Step forward into the ball after the rebound to touch it with the inside of the right foot.
- Close in on the ball.
- Place the left foot (support foot) right of the ball.
- At the same time:
- Reach with the right foot over the ball to cut it at the back with the laces of the right foot.
- Lift the support foot (left foot).
- Position the left foot backwards to get into starting position.
- Push the ball gently forward.
- Continue steps 2-8.
Things to watch out for:
- Don't stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
- Maintain a straight line.
- Reposition fast to receive the ball straight on.
- Touch the ball in the centre of the ball at just the right time.
- Cut nicely at the back of the ball with the laces.
- Make sure the ball remains close after the cut.
- Begin slow and increase the speed gradually.