Shuffle Take - Cones Dribbling Drills for U10-U11
This drills builds on the Shuffle Take (Fast Footwork Drill for U8-U9) and the Shuffle Stop Take (Cones Dribbling Drill for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Take position on the right side of the first cone.
- Shuffle 3 times starting with the right foot.
- Take the ball with the outside part of the laces of the left foot through the cones.
- Cut the ball with the inside of the left foot, which counts as the first shuffle of three.
- After the next two shuffles, take the ball through the cones with the right foot.
- Cut the ball with the right foot which brings you back to step 2.
Things to watch out for:
- Always start with the outside foot at your position (right when you're at the right of the first cone and visa versa)
- Don't kick the ball, but guide it for a very short time.
- If you cut the ball before or just aside the next cone, move a bit forwards during the shuffle to be able to take the ball through the middle between two cones.
- Accuracy is more important than speed, so work on accuracy first.