Shuffle Stop Take Stop Skip - Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9
This drill builds on the Shuffle Stop Take (Fast Footwork Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
- Shuffle 3 times. (starting with the left foot)
- On the fourth count, stop the ball with the right foot with a step on.
- Take the ball with the outside (of the laces) of the right foot.
- Stop the ball with the right foot with a step on.
- Jump on the support foot (left foot).
- Move the right foot before the the ball.
- While the right foot is still in the air, kick the ball with the inside of the left foot.
- Stop the ball with the right foot which counts as the first count of the next shuffle.
- Step 1-8 is the same for the other direction.
Things to watch out for:
- Try to stay on an imaginary line without moving forward or backward.
- Make sure there is plenty of room to take the ball after the step on.
- Focus on technique first, then crank the speed up.